Thursday, October 27, 2005

A Place Called Vertigo



It happened. You all doubted, but it happened. Out of the blue, a coworker who knew how badly I wanted to see U2 in concert, came up to me and offered two tickets. It seems one of the couples in his party is expecting a child. The lady isn't feeling so hot and they decided there was no way going to a concert was going to happen.

They offered the tickets for a very reasonable price. Absurdly reasonable. Being the nice guy you've all come to love, I told them they should consider selling them on ebay, where they could easily get a fortune for the tickets. Luckily, they declined. When you're pregnant and uncomfortable and you're getting ready for a new baby, fooling with ebay doesn't sound like fun.

So Nicole and I will be going to see U2 this Saturday night. We'll be in New York City for most of next week, so things are hoppin' at the Thomas house.

More to come...

2 comments:

Sam said...

Too bad you are going to New York next week, I will be out of town on Business. Otherwise Emille could have stayed here with the girls and I would have hopped the Acela and met you up there. That would have been awesome...you, nicole, me..for a week! I don't know her very well but I am sure that she is pretty cool and wouldn't mind letting us go do guy stuff. MAN!, that would have been AWESOME! I am going to go talk to my boss and see if I really need to go on htis business trip. cross your fingers and say a prayer.

Blair said...

Seriously - if you and/or Emille could come over to NY to see us, that would be awesome!

Nicole is on her own for most of Wednesday because I'll be in meetings all day.

Anyone? Anyone?