Let me go ahead and expose the lie: there is no such thing as a "morning person." Because of this, there can be no such thing as someone who is "not a morning person."
Who you are in the morning is nothing more than the result of habit, attitude, and choice. Indulging in this concept of a morning person, I would be considered the morning person's arch enemy: the night owl. Yet, I still wake up with a smile on my face, in a good mood. My wife is the same way - she's happy and funny in the morning.
When you wake up, open your eyes - don't furl your brow and try not to look at anything. Don't mumble. Don't walk into the room where people are and just plop in the sofa. Talk. Be happy.
Do something that makes you less of a baby than you were when you were a baby. When you mope in the morning, you're only two steps from drinking milk from a bottle and crapping in your pants.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I think it is about time you started your own boy band, or better yet, got a job at TGI Friday's or some place that requires you to wear flair. "Hey Guys, You wanna try some our our schorching jalepeno poppers or some Extreeeeme Fajitas?" Sorry if that sounds rude, they gave me a double expresso this morning instead of the triple I asked for.
That's so funny, I had a slow start to my day today...we had a very busy weekend. So I started a caffeine drip on the way to work and was back in the flow in no time. Do they let people visit the Betty Ford clinic? I hope so. I've always wanted to say, "My name is Murray Sanderson, and I"m a _____aholic." Finally!
It's painfully obvious you haven't ever indulged in a Caramel Macchiato.
PS - I love the shirt, fits great. Thanks Blair!
I am honored to have made the links list. Feels so good to be even a small part of something so powerful.
Post a Comment