Thursday, September 29, 2005

Talk Radio

There are a lot of things about our culture that baffle me. Nearing the top of the list is the pervasiveness of talk radio. I hate talk radio. Everything about it. I hate it.

To me, there is nothing worse than being stuck in a confined space (a car) and having to listen to some pompous, opinionated loud-mouth go on and on with some assumed expertise on a topic. Listen to these guys - I can almost guarantee you each one of them has a mirror in front of them as they talk. There is so much arrogance in their tone. It's bad enough when someone thinks everyone wants to hear what they have to say, but these people are even paid for it.

Ask yourself this: would you enjoy it if that person on the radio was actually in your car, talking to you that way? You'd say, "Slow down, quit shouting, quit patronizing me."

Talk show hosts who are all about politics are the worst. They are so opinionated, why would you listen to them? It's not like you're hearing an accurate account of any situation or issue.

Plus, I hate commercials because I just don't like to hear people talk loud and fast. These guys are like a long commercial - and it's a commercial about them!

Listen to music - music is awesome. When a musician has nothing on his mind, he doesn't record anything, yet these bombastic dorks sit at the mic every day. They ramble on and on, even when they have nothing to say. They don't get paid to teach, just to talk. Losers.

1 comment:

Sam said...

I like the new spot. Have yet to see the "new features" was hoping for a "see me nude section" anyway about talk radio:

"Listen to these guys - I can almost guarantee you each one of them has a mirror in front of them as they talk. There is so much arrogance in their tone. It's bad enough when someone thinks everyone wants to hear what they have to say,"--It is almost like they have a blog