Tuesday, September 27, 2005

I don't get...

...paying more than I make in a year for a car.

...guys my age who wear dress shoes with shorts. Even the leather shoes with tassels!

...girls who wear pearls and makeup with sweats.

...thousands of dollars worth of rims, spinners, neon lights, or spoilers on a '91 POS Honda Civic.

...superstitions.

...Gilbert Gottfried.

...families who are so involved in stuff, they never just hang out.

...why so many ethnic older ladies drive looking like they're about to have diarrhea: slow, leaning forward, overly concentrating, in pain.

...how anyone could see boyband guys as anything but homos, or, being generous, bi's.

...techno.

...why Fear Factor has millions of fans, yet Arrested Development almost got canceled.

...mormons.

...why so many hardcore tough guys have really long hair. Granola girl long hair. How does long, flowing hair equal bad A?

...people who supply all of the food for the people who are too fat to walk or get out of bed. And they're usually poor!

...how trendy people can jump on the latest fashion bandwagon and not feel like insecure followers.

...how anyone could think the Academy Awards is anything more than marketing, butt-kissing, or political.

...why anyone would buy an expensive watch.

...how the ACLU is considered reputable by anyone with a functioning brain, including animals.

...why competing movie studios release almost identical movies at the same time (ex. Armacrappin/Deep Impact, Wyatt Earp/Tombstone, Volcano/Dante's Peak, Red Planet/Mission To Mars, Like Father Like Son/Vice Versa, etc.).

...husbands who never do dishes or clean up the house, thinking bringing home the dough fulfills their obligation.

...David "And that my friends...(long pause)...is a homicide" Caruso.

...Susan Sarandon or Tim Robbins.

...why any Kennedy has risen above being the drunk janitor at a junior college.

...why every guy doesn't have a buzz. It must be ignorance.

6 comments:

jaime s said...

How about adding...

--people who sit BESIDE each other on an airplane and talk in a volume that makes you think they are at opposite ends of the plane....especially night flights when EVERYONE around them is trying to sleep or read quietly. Where is the awareness??? I don't get how you can miss that one. This happened recently to us. I always travel with earplugs for this very reason and even with my ears completely clogged I could make out 80% of their conversation. SO FRUSTRATING!!

--I also don't get why more people don't prefer dark chocolate over milk chocolate.

JS

Sam said...

-Jamie Sanderson???
-I don't get people who buy bottled water with the sports bottle top and then squirt in their mouth like they are in the 20th mile of a marathon while they are talking to you.

Sam said...

Agree on all, especially the buzz, ACLU and David "looks like someone wanted to see...(long pause) if grandma could fly" Caruso drives me insane.

Blair said...

That's the funniest David Caruso quote I've ever heard. I have dozens, but that beats them all, by far.

jaime s said...

I don't get people who say they are your friend, and then can't even spell your name when they are saying they don't get you. Like Sim Jeefrey. Saam, we're so thrilled about Brighleigh Hana. You and Emmalee are so dear to us.
Hugs,
Murray and JaIme

Sam said...

Calm down murmur, I am sorry for the mistake, I am constantly getting Jaime confused with the actor who played Klinger on MASH, Jamie Farr