Monday, July 18, 2005

Sunglasses

I don't understand why so many people are obsessed with keeping their sunglasses on their person. You see it all the time - people either have them over their eyes or on their head. If you're a girl, I can understand. A lot of girls use sunglasses to keep hair out of their face. But guys are doing it, too. Its like a fashion thing. At what point have you been inside long enough to say to yourself, "I guess I'm here for a while - might as well take these things off my head and grab them when I leave." And it is not better, but worse, when a guy sticks his sunglasses on his hat. Dude - your hat doesn't have eyes. It makes the person's hat look like one of the ones you get at the state fair - the kind with clapping hands or a duck bill. People who do this look like suckers who bought the most unimaginative novelty hat, ever.

You can make it all the way to your car without your shades - try it. Or, hang them out of your shirt collar - front or back. It's still better and looks much less like you're wearing a bow in your hair.

No one has eyes more sensitive than mine. When I was in school, as soon as the air/heat would kick on in class, my eyes would tear up. I can't count the number of times people came up to me and said, "Are you okay?" That said, if my eyes can handle a little sunshine, so can yours.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Geez, and when people get out of the pool and do that with their shades, they look like freaking Alfalfa. Especially those kids that have that naturally spikey hair... looks like a porcupine with black tumor bald spots.

Blair said...

Actually, I think that kid DID have some odd looking tumors on his head. Poor Billy.

Anonymous said...

now hold on just one second...i am that guy. not so much sans hat, but when im wearing a hat the sunglasses are always perched on top. especially when playing golf. i've been known to play an entire round of golf with my sunglasses on my hat, never putting them over my eyes. that, i'll give you, is a wee odd.

you just have such a huge noggin that your shades won't fit. don't be embarassed, Mr. 9 and 7/8.

Anonymous said...

I have to admit that I am also guilty of leaving my sunglasses on the top of my head while inside. My reason is that I am an idiot and can't/won't remember where I put them when I need them.

Now when you wear a hat, don't you have a bill to block most of the annoying sun? I thought that is why most people wear the hat the correct way with the bill out front. There is no need to carry your glasses from the car to the building. You already have something to block the sun.

Poor little over sensative Blair. What should we do to protect him from all that is out there? Just messing with you BT.

AB

Kester Smith... said...

This all goes back to wearing sunglasses at night. 80's music is responsible for so many terrible trends.