Thursday, July 14, 2005
Coldplay - The new Jonestown Kool-aid
I don't get it - why is everyone so into Coldplay?? I listen to i-tunes all day, as I'm sure many of you do. Up here, we can also access everyone else's i-tunes in the office and listen away. Well, I've always thought of Coldplay as the antidote to music that's enjoyable to listen to. When 'Yellow' was all the rage, I thought it was a fluke and tried to ignore it. Now, with their new album, X & Y, the world's fascination with this band has finally gotten to me. What's the big deal? How can anyone listen to more than two Coldplay songs in a row without falling into a hypnotic state and fashioning a noose out of the closest rope, cord, or hose? And Chris Martin - dude, what's with that guy's voice?? How is it cool to go back and forth from normal to falsetto? To me, all Coldplay songs are repetitive, similar sounding drones. If aliens existed, and we discovered that they were using Coldplay songs to turn our brains into soup, I wouldn't have any trouble believing it. After all, Coldplay IS the official music of the brainless, entranced, and probed earthling.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment