Thursday, August 09, 2007

Man of Steel

Nicole is in California for a few days, so it's just the three guys here. I just put Sam to bed and we were lying side by side like we do every night, talking about all kinds of things. As I was about to leave him for the night, he put his arms around my neck and patted my back. He looked me in the eyes and said, "I see my room and Mommy and Daddy's room. Don't be afraid, Daddy - I keep you safe...I'm Superman." Totally sincere.

What makes it even better is that his bed has Superman sheets and he's in his Superman PJs.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

So sweet!

Holly O'Quinn said...

That's an awesome story. You'll have to save that one and tell him when he is older. I love it! Good luck with the boys.

Andy said...

That is awesome. That little guy even stirs my heart. You are one lucky guy.