Friday, September 29, 2006

7 Days to 3 Months to 30 Years

The countdown to the countdown starts today. In 7 days, it will be 3 months until I turn 30. I decided a couple of months ago that I would start my 30s in really good shape. Knowing that I'd have a baby in August, I decided to wait until 3 months before turning 30 to start the training. That's a week from today. And I'm doing it - no backing down. I've thought about chronicling my journey from 20-hood to 30-dom, and from slob to machine, but I barely have time to make the journey, much less document or dramatize it.

In honor of this, and to get me and all of you in the mood for the coming months, watch this scene from Rocky II. I love it. Notice how, toward the end, Rocky goes from enjoying all of the kids running behind him, to being absolutely terrified...

(yes, this clip is from the mexican or italian version)

2 comments:

Andy said...

It is about time. You have been telling me for months that need to get back into running. I am glad to see that you are finally doing it. I don't really care either way, though. Another piece of food for thought: If I can run 3 to 6 miles everyday, anyone should be able to. Take it easy to start out so you don't kill yourself. Have fun.

Monica said...

So ANYONE should be able to run 3-6 miles a day??? Is this the same Andy I knew in school??? : )
Blair I too have the same goal. I wanted to be back in wedding shape. Now I am just hoping to lose 10 pounds. My big 30 day will be hear a little sooner than yours. I am so depressed about getting old. Aric thought he might go hunting the morning of my birthday. I told him that would not be wise as turning 30 was bad enough he didn't need to leave me alone that morning. : )
I will work on the 3-6 miles a day thing. I could walk that at a pace that could possibly keep up with a jog? I wonder just how far I could go if I didn't have a clock in front of me and things to get done?
Hope that baby is doing good.