I don't know why or how, but around 4:00pm every day, the entire office begins to stink. Words fail me...when I say stink, I mean the entire 15 story building smells like a dirty diaper that someone left inside a 3 year old monkey carcass, in southern Texas. And trust me, that dude reeked long before he climbed his last tree.
Without fail, I'll be working and suddenly over-taken by the odor. The first few times this happened, someone was in my office. The smell is so bad that, even though I know it didn't come from whoever was in my office at the time, I still look at them differently. Like when you remember the song that was on the radio when you heard some terrible news. Association.
I talked to the management office and they flippantly chalked it up to a nasty pipe that leaked too close to the main air conditioning vent. Likely. One of my theories is that the deli on the 1st floor is up to no good. This is the deli that keeps the tuna fish in an open Country Crock container all day, probably for weeks at a time. Needless to say, I don't eat there.
All I know is that something has to be done. I think our monthly rent should be reduced. It smells like someone shoved chunks of sewage up my nose with their feet, just after running a marathon. In southern Texas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow, not really sure what to tell ya man. That smell sounds pretty bad. I giggle at you going crazy trying to figure out what it is. When I come across a really bad smell at work, usually in the form of someones nasty mouth, I turn to vanilla. You pat a littl vanilla flavoring on the tip of your nose and it makes a world of difference. If that doesn't work I simply shove cotten rolls up my nose. If your dental hygienist graps two cotten rolls and leaves the room returning with a mask on her face. You probably stink. Good luck with your stink.
Post a Comment