This is one of the coolest things to ever happen to my brother and me. Well, it didn't really happen to me, but I share in experiencing the coolness of it.
As many of you know, there were some movies that my brother and I were really into when we were kids. Most obvious is Rocky, but equal to that is The Karate Kid. We integrated lines from The Karate Kid into our everyday lives - and I guess we still do, from time to time. My brother was even more into this movie than I was. The Karate Kid to him is what Die Hard has always been to me. Hardcore.
I'm proud to announce that, over 20 years later, my brother is officially acquaintances with Billy Zabka (aka Johhny Lawrence). They are both in the Christian film/video industry and a mutual connection introduced them. They've emailed back and forth! Of course, my brother made it clear what a fan he was, and Billy was really cool about it. We grew up watching Zabka in The Karate Kid movies, European Vacation, Just One Of The Guys, and others. He was like a member of the family.
Anyway, I just thought you should know. And here's how he ended an email he sent to my brother...
"Peace.....& "No Mercy"
Billy
Awesome. Destiny, you're a wily gal!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
That is so COOL! I loved those movies growing up.
Post a Comment