Sam has had his glasses for over a week now and he's really come to love them. From the very first day, he was great about keeping them on. It's such a relief for us.
Now, when we're out in public, it seems like every parent comes up to us and asks how we knew to get his eyes checked. I think we're going to start a foundation to raise awareness for poor vision in kids. Our slogan: 4 Eyes. 1 Heart. 1 World. Or maybe: 2 Help + 2 Day = 4 Eyes.
The other day, I looked at Sam: combed hair, nice shirt, sweater vest, and glasses and couldn't believe how old he looked. Or how preppy. I'm thinking about giving him a tattoo, just to add some edge. Right now, his only edge is the sometimes-scary constant drool. I guess that's always been my edge, too.
I'm really proud of my son for being such a good sport and for smiling so generously to so many people he doesn't know, and who haven't done anything to warrant a smile. He's a sweet, happy kid.
Also included is a pic of Sam getting his hair cut. I just like this picture. He was a little sad to be there, but he remembered the #1 rule: keep both hands on the wheel at all times. And Nicole looks cute trying to cheer him up, as they watch Barney.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
ADORABLE!!! Sam looks GREAT with his glasses. Just when you think he couldn't get any cuter!!!
OK-I would be one to stop and ask you guys the same "how did you know" question so PLEASE tell us to save us the embarrassment from not knowing how you can tell that your little one has bad vision (and how can the doctors tell which prescription to give? What was the testing like?) I would like to have this info in case some day Faith needs to become "Spectacular" too.
Thanks! We like your mottos!
Great idea - I'll post about eye testing for kids. I guess it's time for me to straighten up and get on with educating the world.
Look for the post sometime today.
Post a Comment