Thursday, August 04, 2005

"They call me Bruce."

Our dog, Bruce, is really beginning to show some brains. Not literally. Not yet.





Here are some things he's learned to do in the month since we got him:

- He knows his name, already making him smarter than our last dog.
- When he needs to go to the bathroom, he walks to the door and rings the little bell we've hung. And waits.
- When Sam is taking a nap, Bruce takes a nap. Nicole can walk up and down the hall and Bruce won't budge. Once Sam wakes up, he knows it's okay to follow Nicole down the hall.
- When Sam is playing with a toy on the floor, Bruce will try to steal it. They fight and wrestle all the time. I'm afraid to admit who I root for.
- Bruce regularly takes some of Sam's toys over to his own play area, which we've made a small replica of Sam's play area. The thing is, he only takes the very best toys. Somehow, he knows.
- He's obsessed with me. When I'm gone, he wanders into the room where my shoes or dirty clothes are, and that's where he naps and retreats for solace.

He's a cool dog. I think I'm going to call the Korean restaurant down the street and tell them I'm no longer interested in selling him.

No comments: