But sometimes I just want to live in a state of suspended animation. One of the best examples of this is when I lived in Colorado for a summer. I had spent the last two years sitting in front of a computer at a boring job. Working at a camp in Colorado was the best thing that had happened to me in forever. I had amazing friends who I really grew to love, incredible surroundings, perfect weather, and a long bed Chevy 4x4 all to myself. At the time, my future after camp was totally unknown to me. Every day, I hoped that I could stay there with my friends for a really long time. Man, as bad as it sounds, boarding that plane back to Dallas was one of my all-time lows.
This is where I lived when I was in CO.
Last night, Nic and I were talking about our little boy. In case you don't know, we're those parents who are always hugging and kissing their kid, don't feel much of a need to have lots of 'date nights', and after our kid goes to bed, we sit and talk about him. In short, we really, really love Sam. So last night we were talking about him and how we want him to stay just like he is - forever. He's so funny and cute and happy. He's perfect, a diaper being the only reminder that he's human.
Fortunately, I know what happened after Colorado. While there, I accepted a job a Southwest Airlines, even though I wasn't sure it was a good idea ( I also got an offer to stay in Colorado). Though it was tough, I boarded that plane, which got me to Dallas, which got me to Southwest Airlines, which got me to Marketing, which got me to meet Nicole, which got us to become good friends, which got her to marry me, which got us to have Sam, which got us to sit last night and wish that he would stay exactly the same forever.
Okay.
He can keep growing up. It's cool.
Last night, Nic and I were talking about our little boy. In case you don't know, we're those parents who are always hugging and kissing their kid, don't feel much of a need to have lots of 'date nights', and after our kid goes to bed, we sit and talk about him. In short, we really, really love Sam. So last night we were talking about him and how we want him to stay just like he is - forever. He's so funny and cute and happy. He's perfect, a diaper being the only reminder that he's human.
Fortunately, I know what happened after Colorado. While there, I accepted a job a Southwest Airlines, even though I wasn't sure it was a good idea ( I also got an offer to stay in Colorado). Though it was tough, I boarded that plane, which got me to Dallas, which got me to Southwest Airlines, which got me to Marketing, which got me to meet Nicole, which got us to become good friends, which got her to marry me, which got us to have Sam, which got us to sit last night and wish that he would stay exactly the same forever.
Okay.
He can keep growing up. It's cool.

9 comments:
I fully agree with you. It is hard to wach your kids grow. I just remind myself that I have loved every stage more than the last and that I am glad my children continue to grow and are not midgets. Midgets are fun for a while, but after the novelty wears off they are just a short person who sleeps on your couch and will never, ever go out and get a job.
I havehad no comms for the last week, it is nice to be able to check in on you again.
Where have you been, Sam?
I have stayed her ein the DC area but was working in areas where no internet or phones were allowed. Who is the goober who has kept up my crappy Raul joke in my absence?
I thought it was you.
Sad to see that you think so little of me. I recognize a fart when I let one out.
The only reason I ever post anaonymous is if cursing is required and it is on a blog Becky reads
Write soemthing funny, bitch
Where are you?
Post a Comment